Friday, December 19, 2008

Drew Peterson is at it again

Drew Peterson is at it again.

You remember him: the ex-policeman whose fourth wife "disappeared" under suspicious circumstances, and whose third wife's death has recently been ruled a homicide. Guess who is the prime suspect in both cases?

And now he's working on acquiring a fifth victim - oops, I mean wife. A dolt is supposedly engaged to this "Most Eligible Bachelor." She denies it, but a police source and her own father have confirmed it.

First of all, why is Drew Peterson still walking the streets, cruising for chicks?

Secondly, does this woman read? Does she watch TV? Maybe she only watches cartoons instead of the news. How can she consider any relationship with this possible serial killer?

Her father claims he will do everything in his power to keep her from Peterson. Too late, sir! You had your chance to instill basic common sense in your daughter all during her childhood.

Imagine what this poor father must be thinking now: Where did I go wrong? How did I manage to raise an idiot for a daughter?

Why do some women gravitate toward such men as Peterson, OJ, and the other Peterson (Scott)? They've been violent toward women in the past - or at least have great suspicion on them of violence toward the women they loved and swore to love "til death do us part." Yet there's always at least one woman willing to date them. How sweet-sounding do they have to be to make a woman ignore those suspicions? How do these guys convince these gullible women of their innocence?

There seems to be a similar pattern of abusive men talking their victims into staying with them. I'll change, baby! I'll never do it again! Maybe they tell future fiancees, "My wife was a whacko who made my life miserable. It's all her fault, if I did anything wrong! She deliberately disappeared [or got herself killed] to ruin my life!"

Some women fall for it over and over again. I'll never understand that.

And poor Drew Peterson claims that "the media has kind of ruined every relationship I've had, so it scares people."

Yeah, right. It's all the media's fault. You're innocent, huh.

Twice - and counting...

No comments: